This is a glossary of AI terms relevant to the applications available on this site. Choose the initial letter of the term you are interested in and click on it:
Term definitions are based on the following sources:
- Nilsson, N.J. (1998). Artificial Intelligence: A New Synthesis. Morgan Kaufmann.
- Rich, E., Knight, K. and Nair, S.B. (2009). Artificial Intelligence. 3rd ed. Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Russell, S. and Norvig, P. (2010). Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. 3rd ed. Prentice Hall. [Book Site] [Wikipedia]
UNINFORMED SEARCH STRATEGIES
- De Jong, K.A. (2006). Evolutionary Computation: A Unified Approach. MIT Press.
- Eiben, A.E. and Smith, J.E. (2003). Introduction to Evolutionary Computing. Springer.
- Haupt, R.L. and Haupt, S.E. (2004). Practical Genetic Algorithms. 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons.
- Jones, T. (1995). Evolutionary algorithms, fitness landscapes, and search. Ph. D. thesis, University of New Mexico.
- Land, M.W.S. (1998). Evolutionary Algorithms with Local Search for Combinatorial Optimization. Ph. D. thesis, University of California.
- Michalewicz, Z. (1992). Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs. Springer−Verlag.
- Mitchell, M. (1998). An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms. MIT Press.